About the Center
Our vision is to transform the health and well-being of children where they live, learn and play.
Our mission is to equitably improve the health and well-being of children by building capacity through partnerships, programs and community development.
Our Guiding Principles
The following principles will guide our work in transforming the health and well-being of children:
- Improving Health: We will work to influence policy, systems and environmental changes to impact the social determinants of health* and advance health equity and outcomes.
- Aligning Efforts: We will elevate community health by aligning our work with existing clinical and community based efforts at Valley Children’s.
- Collaborating with Partners: We will facilitate, convene and collaborate with partners.
- Data-driven: We will utilize data to assess the impact of our work and to further identify gaps and needs of kids.
- Community Informed: Our work will be informed by our communities across the region.
- Building Capacity: We will identify projects that can be replicated regionally and aim to build capacity.
- Sustained Effort: We recognize that the work of the Center is generational work and will be a long-term commitment.
*Social determinants of health (SDOH) are conditions in the places where people live, learn, work and play that affect a wide range of health and quality-of life-risks and outcomes