2018 APPD Western Regional Conference
Join us Feb. 9, 2018 as Valley Children's Healthcare hosts the 2018 APPD Western Regional Conference at our main Hospital campus in Madera, CA.
Click here for a downloadable PDF version of the conference agenda.
8 - 8:45 a.m. Breakfast
8:45 - 9 a.m. Welcome/Introductions/Announcements
9 - 11 a.m. Remediation Nuts and Bolts and Curriculum Innovation
11 - 11:15 a.m. Break
11:15 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Program Study: The Experience
12:30 - 1:30 p.m. Lunch and Region Business
1:30 - 2:30 p.m. Tour of Valley Children’s Hospital
2:30 - 4 p.m. Interprofessional Team Building
4 p.m. Closing Remarks
Goals & Objectives of Meeting
- Learn an approach to remediation that will engage the struggling learner, identify and engage your faculty experts, minimize faculty burnout, and creates transparency within your program.
- Identify the important aspects of the remediation process (eg. Education, Legal responsibilities, key stakeholders, communication)
- Understand the ACGME Program Study and Site Visit. Learn approaches to the Program Study that may benefit your program for ongoing accreditation.
- Review new residency program development and the incorporation of an interprofessional team curriculum
Candace Eyman, MD | Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at University of New Mexico, Associate Program Director
Lanier Lopez, MD | Associate Professor of Pediatrics at University of New Mexico, Program Director
Rebecca Blankenburg, MD | Professor of Pediatrics at Stanford University, Program Director
Sharon Riesen, MD | Associate Professor of Pediatrics at Loma Linda, Program Director
Sylvia Yeh, MD | Associate Professor of Pediatrics at Harbor-UCLA, Program Director and Region Chair
Karla Au Yeung, MD | Pediatric Residency Program Director, Valley Children's Pediatric Residency Affiliated with Stanford University School of Medicine; Associate Clinical Professor, Stanford University (Affiliate); Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition
Jolie Limon, MD | Executive Director, Medical Education; Richard and John Berberain Chief of Pediatrics Endowed Chair; Associate Clinical Professor, Stanford University (Affiliate); Valley Children’s Pediatric Residency Program, Valley Children’s Healthcare; Professor of Pediatrics at Valley Children’s Hospital, Department Chair
Angela Veesenmeyer, MD | Pediatric Infectious Disease; Clinical Assistant Professor (affiliated), Stanford School of Medicine, Associate Program Director, Valley Children's Pediatric Residency Program Affiliated with Stanford School of Medicine
- Conference only: $10.00
- Conference + Pre-Conference Dinner on Feb. 8: $35.00
- Note: Dinner details will be emailed closer to the event date.
Click here to register!
CASH or CHECK ONLY will be accepted the day of the meeting. You must RSVP if you plan to attend the dinner.
TownePlace Suites by Marriott
7127 N. Fresno St.
Fresno, CA 93720
Click here to book your stay using the APPD Regional Meeting group rate ($99.00 + taxes/fees).
A shuttle will be available from the hotel to Valley Children's Hospital.
Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT)
5175 E Clinton Way
Fresno, CA 93727