Below are some of the most common questions about insurance. If you have a question you don't see listed here, or need additional explanation, please call a Valley Children's insurance navigator at (559) 353-7238.
Which insurance plans cover Valley Children’s services?
Click here to view which insurance plans in your area cover Valley Children's services.
How do I know if my pediatrician is in the Valley Children’s provider network?
- Verify that your pediatrician is in the Valley Children’s provider network by reviewing the provider directory on the insurance company's website.
- Verify that your pediatric specialist is in the Valley Children’s provider network by reviewing the provider directory on the insurance company's website.
How do I get insurance coverage for my child?
- Get it through your employer.
- Buy it from a broker or insurance agent
- To learn if you are eligible, contact a Valley Children’s financial counselor at (559) 353-7009 to apply.
- Buy it on the Health Insurance Exchange:
What is a Health Insurance Exchange?
There is a requirement that all Americans have health insurance. The exchange is the health insurance marketplace where you can find, compare and buy health insurance plans.
Even if I have insurance, how much will I have to pay?
The amount you owe (out-of-pocket cost) depends on the benefits available through your insurance plan. Your costs are determined by the services provided and may include your copay, coinsurance and the amounts of individual and family deductibles.
For more information about your out-of-pocket costs, please call your insurance company to find out what is covered by your plan.
If you would like an estimate for what your out-of-pocket costs will be for your visit, please call (559) 353-7009.
What can I do if my child was cared for at Valley Children’s Hospital and doesn’t have insurance?
Please call our financial counselors for help at (559) 353-7009. You may be eligible for financial assistance.