The Maternal Fetal Center provides high quality and compassionate care to diagnose and treat maternal and fetal conditions that can impact a pregnancy. Our expert perinatologists and specially trained staff care for patients and families in an atmosphere of kindness, dignity and respect.
Patients benefit from direct access to neonatologists in our Regional Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and a variety of pediatric specialists who provide consultations and coordinate multidisciplinary care as needed for high-risk patients and unborn babies.
Our specialized perinatology services help ensure the most favorable outcome for the baby and the health of the mother.
Services available to mothers and babies include:
Preconception consultation and diagnostic testing services
- diagnostic 3-D and 4-D sonograms
- chorionic villus sampling
- fetal echocardiograms
- fetal MRI
- genetic counseling (with three clinical geneticists on staff, including one physician)
- patient education
- state maternal serum screening
High-risk pregnancy management
- mother’s pre-existing health conditions (high blood pressure, diabetes, etc.)
- multiple births
- preterm labor
- prior pregnancy loss
- congenital anomalies
- intrauterine procedures*
- air and ground emergency transports of high-risk pregnancies when needed*
- inpatient care of high-risk pregnancies when needed*
- specialty consultations in advance and surgical care upon delivery
Postpartum neonatal care and treatment
- air and ground emergency transport to our regional level III neonatal intensive care unit
- high-risk infant follow-up
- parent-to-parent support groups
- over 40 pediatric specialties (pediatric general surgery, cardiac surgery, cardiology, neurology, orthopaedics, etc.)
*Maternal hospitalization and antepartum procedures at Saint Agnes Medical Center.
The Maternal Fetal Center works in tandem with obstetrical providers and birthing centers to optimize the health of the mothers and babies.
Our perinatologists regularly address medical challenges pregnant women may face and offer encouragement, education, and hope while caring for patients and families in an atmosphere of kindness, dignity and respect. No other program in Central California can provide the depth and breadth of services available through the Maternal Fetal Center at Valley Children’s Hospital.
Physician Referral Line:
To schedule an appointment or to speak with the perinatologists please call The Maternal Fetal Center at 559-353-6700. Our perinatologists are available 24/7 through the Children's Access Center at 866-353-KIDS (5437).
Maternal Fetal - Prenatal Diagnostic Physician Referral Form
The Maternal Fetal - Prenatal Diagnostic Physician Referral Form can be filled out on your computer, printed and faxed to (559) 353-6710.
Very Important! We need the Patient Prenatal Records. You can fax them along with the referral to (559) 353-6710.
Please Note: Our referral team processes referrals during normal business hours (7:30 AM to 4:00 PM). If you need to speak to a specialist or have an urgent issue please call the Valley Children's Access center at (866) 353-KIDS (5437).
If you have any problems with the form please call us at (559) 353-6700 or 353-6633.