(Madera, Calif.) - As December 31 approaches and we look forward to the new year, we want to pause to take a look back at some of Valley Children’s biggest moments in 2019.
Reflecting on this past year, we are grateful for the many opportunities we have had to bring quality pediatric care closer to Valley kids and families, and look forward to building on this tradition in 2020 and beyond. This year brought many new innovations, announcements and recognitions, and we are excited for what lies ahead in 2020.
It is an honor and a privilege to care for children and families throughout Central California. This year and every year, we bring our best, knowing children are counting on us.
Below are just 10 of the most memorable moments from 2019 (in no particular order):
1. Valley Children’s Celebrates Opening Of Modesto Outpatient Center
Valley Children's opened Pelandale Specialty Care Center, a new 40,000-square-foot building in north Modesto, on February 4, 2019.
2. Valley Children’s Introduces Partner To Build New Behavioral Health Hospital In Madera
In September, Valley Children’s launched a new partnership with Universal Health Services (UHS), who will construct and operate a new 81,600 square foot, 128-bed behavioral health facility on Valley Children’s Madera campus.
3. Valley Children’s Ranked One Of The Nation’s Best Children’s Hospitals In Five Specialties
June marked the fourth consecutive year Valley Children’s was recognized as one of the best children’s hospitals in the country, nationally ranked in five pediatric specialties.
4. Valley Children’s Hospital Achieves Fourth Magnet Designation
In April, Valley Children's became a member of an elite group of hospitals to receive a fourth Magnet® designation for nursing excellence.
5. Valley Children’s Earns 2019 Leapfrog Top Children’s Hospital Award For Outstanding Quality And Safety
Valley Children’s ushered in December by being named a Top Children’s Hospital in the nation by The Leapfrog Group for its excellence in patient safety and quality of care.
6. Guilds Of Valley Children’s Announce $5 Million Endowment To Transform The Health And Wellbeing Of Children
The Guilds of Valley Children’s Healthcare announced in November a $5 million endowment dedicated to transforming the health and wellbeing of the Valley’s children through the establishment of the Guilds Center for Community Health.
7. Valley Children’s Epilepsy Center Receives Highest Designation
In May, Valley Children’s officially became home to the only level 4 Epilepsy Center in Central California, the highest-level designation from the National Association of Epilepsy Centers.
8. Valley Children’s Celebrates Ribbon Cutting Partnership Location In Fowler
Valley Children’s and Adventist Health in the Central Valley celebrated the dedication and opening of their new medical office building in Fowler, bringing greater access to care closer to home for the children of south Fresno and Kings counties.
9. Valley Children’s Healthcare To Launch Innovation Program
In 2019, Valley Children’s entered into an agreement with The Innovation Institute, a national, independent medical product incubator and healthcare services provider, to spark innovation across the health network. Valley Children’s innovation program, known as George’s Idea Lab, will operate as part of The Innovation Lab.
10. Valley Children’s Receives International Recognition For Lifesaving Treatment
In August, Valley Children’s extracorporeal life support (ECLS) program received international recognition from the Extracorporeal Life Support Organization (ELSO) as a Silver Level ELSO Award Recipient.