Job Shadow Program
|Are you a medical student?
If you are a medical student interested in a physician job shadow experience, click here to learn more and submit a request.
Valley Children’s Hospital offers the Job Shadow Program as a means of career exploration with one of our professionals. The job shadowing experience is temporary, unpaid exposure to the workplace in a career area of interest. Job shadow participants will get the opportunity to witness the work environment, occupational skills in practice and overall hospital operations for potential career possibilities.
Job Shadow Participant Requirements and Guidelines
- Must be at least 13 years of age to job shadow. Minors are required to submit a consent form signed by a legal guardian.
- Must submit documentation for the following vaccinations:
- Flu (if requesting to shadow during current flu season -- generally between November 1 and March 31)
- Job shadow participation is limited to 7 days in a calendar year
- Job shadow is observation only
- All Job Shadow Program participants must adhere to the “Participant Dress and Grooming Standards” included in the Job Shadow Request packet.
If you are requesting to shadow a physician, please visit our Physician Job Shadow Opportunities page to learn more and submit your request.