Job Shadow Program
|Are you a medical student?
If you are a medical student interested in a physician job shadow experience, click here to submit a request.
Valley Children’s Hospital offers the Job Shadow program as a means of career exploration with one of our professionals. The job shadowing experience is temporary, unpaid exposure to the workplace in a career area of interest. Job Shadow participants will get the opportunity to witness the work environment, occupational skills in practice and overall hospital operations for potential career possibilities.
Job Shadow Participant Requirements and Guidelines
- Must be at least 13 years of age to job shadow. Minors are required to submit a consent form signed by a legal guardian.
- Must submit documentation for the following vaccinations:
- Covid-19 (Either 2 shot series Pfizer or Moderna or 1 shot Johnson and Johnson AND Booster)
- Flu (if requesting to shadow during current flu season)
- Job Shadow participation is limited to 7 days in a calendar year
- Job Shadow is observation only
- All Job Shadow Participants must adhere to the “Participant Dress and Grooming Standards” included in the Job Shadow Request packet.