Valley Children’s Pediatric Rehabilitation Center
As the only pediatric rehabilitation program in the region, our expert team offers comprehensive, high-quality care to children and their families across the continuum, including acute inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services.
Our primary objective is to provide the highest quality pediatric rehabilitation care tailored to meet the individual physical, developmental, social, psychosocial and educational needs of each child and family.
The goal of Rehabilitation Services is to:
- Provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services for children and their families.
- Maximize the abilities of each individual while minimizing the effects of disabilities.
- Restore a positive self-image and maximum level of function.
- Provide services in a cost-effective manner.
- Each individual child and family is unique and receives care according to their personal preferences in a respectful and supportive environment.
- Each individual has inherent worth and therefore, regardless of severity of disability, the physical, cognitive, and emotional resources of each child will be given appropriate support and training to allow them to attain their maximal degree of functional independence.
- A child with a disability is first and foremost a child. Our team recognizes that children are not “little adults” and that adolescents/young adults are not “big children.”
Why Choose Valley Children’s Rehab Services
- Our 20-bed unit is accredited as an Inpatient Rehabilitation Pediatric Specialty Program by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) making Valley Children’s one of only two pediatric facilities in the state with this impressive designation, and one of only five on the West Coast. CARF Accreditation is an internationally recognized award that is given to organizations that demonstrate commitment to providing the highest quality care and services.
- An interdisciplinary team with specialized training in caring for children that is dedicated to one goal – a safe and successful transition back to home, school/work and community life.
- Peer Counselor – A paralympic champion who provides support and encouragement during and after a rehab inpatient admission.
- School Reintegration Program – An onsite teacher and the inpatient team work closely with your child’s school to maintain continuity and plan their return after a rehab inpatient admission.
- Circle of Friends Program – A peer counselor attends your child’s first day back to school after a rehab inpatient admission to provide support and education for their friends and teachers.
- Adaptive Sports Program – Free recreational and athletic experiences for children and young adults with physical disabilities.