Each resident will be paired with a faculty member who will support their individual and professional development through:
- Serving as a coach observer, providing assessments and feedback
- Monitoring for signs of fatigue, support, and emotional well-being
- Working with the resident on study plans and timeline for board preparation
- Helping to identify mentors and topics for scholarly projects
- Providing career guidance and assisting with selective/elective choices best suited to reach their longitudinal and professional goals
The role of the faculty coach is to help foster meaningful and fulfilling growth and development through the promotion of lifelong learning as a continuous, active, relevant, self-directed, and self-reflective process.
Valley Children's Faculty Coaches