PGY2 Pharmacy Fellowship
Valley Children's Hospital offers a one-year-long intensive care fellowship designed to provide the pharmacist with training in the focused area of critical care pediatric clinical pharmacy. In addition to gaining a comprehensive understanding of the global aspects of pharmaceutical care in the ICU, the fellowship also emphasizes an intensive research project. For this component, the fellow will work closely with the intensive care physicians to develop and complete a research study suitable for presentation and publication.
Our PGY2 Program At a Glance
Get a downloadable at-a-glance overview of Valley Children's Hospital's Pharmacy Critical Care Fellowship Program by downloading our PGY2 Program flyer. Click here to download the PDF >>
- Period of Appointment: Twelve months
- Health Benefits: Fellow entitled to full health benefits. Plans to be selected upon arrival.
- Weekend Staffing: Fellow required to staff every other weekend once distribution training is complete.
- Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Attend intensive care unit rounds and provide drug information.
- Identify a research project related to intensive care, propose it to the hospital Investigational Review Board, carry out the study, and ultimately present the study.
- Actively participate in ongoing intensive care research studies as well as any studies initiated during the fellowship.
- Assist in pharmacy and therapeutics activities that relate to intensive care therapeutics.
- Provide distributive support (staffing and dispensing)
PGY2 Pharmacy Fellow Rotations
- Distribution/Staffing (required)
- Neonatal Intensive Care (required)
- Pediatric Intensive Care (required)
- Administration (required)
- Poison Center (elective)
- Emergency Department (elective)
- Infectious Diseases (elective)
Interested in applying?
Learn more about our application requirements