Pharmacy Residency Application Requirements
Final deadline for submission of all online application materials is January 2, 2024. If any non-electronic documents are requested by the RPD, they must also be received in the Pharmacy Department by January 2, 2024. Candidates must complete both standard application requirements in PhORCAS and meet/submit the program supplemental requirements listed below:
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an ACPE accredited school of pharmacy; or a M.S. or B.S. in Pharmacy with equivalent clinical experience.
- Be eligible for pharmacy licensure in the state of California
- Apply for ASHP Residency Matching Program (our match #190313)
- Three professional recommendations in PhORCAS (completion of standard PhORCAS reference form) - Example: Two references from preceptors who can speak of your clinical abilities and one from your pharmacy employer. If you have completed a pediatric rotation, it is recommended that one reference be from that pediatric preceptor.
- Your letter of intent uploaded to PhORCAS should answer two questions
- Why you want to complete a pediatric residency; and
- Why you want to complete a residency at Valley Children's Hospital
- Your transcripts must include the most recent rotation grades (or have your site preceptor email those final grades to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 2, 2024).
It is recommended that candidates complete a pediatric rotation prior to application submission or on site interview. If candidates are unable to obtain a pediatric rotation, there must be pediatric experience documented in PhORCAS and on your Curriculum Vitae.
If there are additional questions about the residency program or application requirements please e-mail at email@example.com.
Applicants for the 2024-2025 Residency Year (program will begin on 6/19/24)
Any hard copy materials, if requested, can be sent to the following address and must be received by 1/2/24.
Wenee Liu Lopez, Pharm.D.
Pharmacy Residency and Student Program Director
Valley Children's Hospital
9300 Valley Children's Place, GW19
Madera, CA 93636-8762
Pediatric Pharmacy Residency Interviews for 2024
Dates for residency interviews are 2/6/24 and 2/8/24 in person* and on site.
Interviews will consist of a program overview, interviews with pharmacy preceptors and residents, and a candidate case presentation. Interview presentation guidelines, including a list of presentation topics and submission instructions, are located here.
*Email firstname.lastname@example.org if accommodations needed