Pharmacy Residency Application Requirements
Final deadline for submission of all online application materials is January 3, 2022. If any non-electronic documents are requested by the RPD, they must also be received in the Pharmacy Department by January 3, 2022. Candidates must complete both standard application requirements in PhORCAS and meet/submit the program supplemental requirements listed below:
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an ACPE accredited school of pharmacy; or a M.S. or B.S. in Pharmacy with equivalent clinical experience.
- Be eligible for pharmacy licensure in the state of California
- Apply for ASHP Residency Matching Program (our match #190313)
- Three professional recommendations in PhORCAS (completion of standard PhORCAS reference form) - Example: Two references from preceptors who can speak of your clinical abilities and one from your pharmacy employer. If you have completed a pediatric rotation, one reference should be from that pediatric preceptor.
- Your letter of intent uploaded to PhORCAS should answer two questions
- Why you want to complete a pediatric residency; and
- Why you want to complete a residency at Valley Children's Hospital
- Your transcripts must include the most recent rotation grades (or have your site preceptor email those final grades to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 3, 2022).
It is recommended that candidates complete a pediatric rotation prior to application submission or on site interview. If candidates are unable to obtain a pediatric rotation, there must be pediatric experience documented in PhORCAS and on your Curriculum Vitae.
If there are additional questions about the residency program or application requirements please e-mail at email@example.com.
Applicants for the 2022-2023 Residency Year (program will begin on 6/22/22)
Any hard copy materials if requested can be sent to the following address and must be received by 1/3/22.
Wenee Liu Lopez, Pharm.D.
Pharmacy Residency and Student Program Director
Valley Children's Hospital
9300 Valley Children's Place, GW19
Madera, CA 93636-8762
Residency Interviews for 2022
Virtual resident candidate interviews will occur via an online platform. Tentative dates and times planned are:
- 2/15/2022 8:00am – 12:00pm
- 2/15/2022 12:30pm – 4:30pm
- 2/17/2022 8:00am – 12:00pm
- 2/17/2022 12:30pm – 4:30pm
Please note: dates and times are subject to change.
Interviews will consist of a program overview, interviews with pharmacy preceptors and residents and a candidate case presentation.