Los Rancheros Guild (1949)
Los Rancheros is a fun-loving group of ladies of all ages from throughout the Fresno and Clovis area.
On October 13, 1949 a group gathered at the home of Mrs. Frank Heath to hear from Mrs. Gail Goodwin, one of the founding mothers of Valley Children’s Hospital. After Mrs. Goodwin addressed this group on the “aims, origins and purposes” of a dedicated pediatric hospital in central California, it was decided to create this Clovis Guild.
Los Rancheros’ founding Executive Board consisted of: Betty Heath – President, Edna Sample –Vice-President, Jean Wilcox – Secretary, Libby Forbes – Treasurer, Patty Davis – Ways & Means, Gene McFarland – Membership, and Bette Childers – Hospital Needs.
In March of 1950, Los Rancheros held their first event, a card party and style show, raising $211.80. Then they moved to a themed dinner dance each year with live entertainment, amazing auction items and food at the home of Earl & Muriel Smittcamp.