Did you know every year on November 18, some of the nation’s leading injury and violence prevention organizations come together to raise awareness about childhood injuries for National Injury Prevention Day?
We at Valley Children’s recognize the impact of unintentional injury on children and families and aim to create awareness to keep children safe. With injuries being the leading cause of hospitalization in children, we are proud to shine a light on National Injury Prevention Day.
On this day, organizations across the country host injury prevention workshops, promote digital and accessible injury-prevention tips and wear green to show support for the need to decrease childhood injury. See how Valley Children’s is participating below!
- Our Injury Prevention Program in partnership with Safe Kids Worldwide will be hosting a Car Seat Safety Check-up Event at Fashion Fair Mall to ensure all car seats checked are properly fitted for a child’s weight and height.
- Safe Kids Central California will be posting injury prevention tips on their social media highlighting ways to keep children safe from common injury.
TIP: They post year-round and are a great page to follow for parents, caregivers and guardians!
- We are lighting our hospital GREEN! On November 17 and 18, Valley Children’s will be lit green in support of National Injury Prevention Day. If you are driving on HWY 41, see if you can spot it!
Ways You Can Participate
- Shine a green light at your home. Whether it be on the outside with a porch light or a simple light in your window, you can join in the prevention efforts from the comfort of your home.
- Wear Green. Wearing green in support of National Injury Prevention Day is an easy way to help in awareness of these efforts.
- Follow @SafeKidsCentralCa on Instagram and Facebook. Following and showing support to our partner organization is a terrific way to participate by learning injury prevention tips and sharing them with your followers.
Valley Children’s is dedicated to keeping our region's children safe. To learn more about our injury prevention efforts, visit https://www.valleychildrens.org/patients-and-families/health-tools-education/injury-prevention-program