The Infectious Disease Practice at Valley Children’s provides inpatient and outpatient evaluation and management of children with suspected or proven infectious diseases. Our physicians are all board certified in Pediatric Infectious Diseases. Our team works closely with the other medical services at Valley Children's Hospital, as infectious disease management can be critical in treating patients’ other medical conditions.
The Infectious Disease Clinic is open Monday to Friday from 8:30AM-4PM. Patients are seen by appointment only, and referral from primary physician is required.
Physician-to-physician phone advice is also available by contacting the clinic and asking for the on-call infectious disease physician.
Services Offered & Conditions Treated Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Valley Fever (Coccidioidomycosis)
- Bone and joint infections
- Prolonged or recurrent fever
- Congenital infections (e.g., CMV, Syphilis, Zika virus)
- Complicated pneumonia
- Recurrent infections and immunodeficiency evaluations
- Skin and soft tissue infections including recurrent MRSA infections
- C. difficile infections
- Infections in immunocompromised children
- Outpatient IV antibiotic therapy
- Pediatric HIV care, including HIV exposed infants
- Evaluation for infectious diseases for internationally adopted children
Physician Referral Guidelines
Pediatric Infectious Disease Referral Guidelines