Effective August 15, 2023, Valley Children’s Hospital is no longer in network with Cigna.
For several months, Valley Children’s Hospital has been working to renew our insurance contract with Cigna. Unfortunately, we were unable to come to an agreement. As a result, effective August 15, 2023, Valley Children’s will not be able to provide contracted services for Cigna patients at the following locations:
- Valley Children’s Hospital in Madera
- Charlie Mitchell Children’s Center in Madera
- Olivewood Specialty Care Center in Merced
Services at any of Valley Children’s primary care practices in Bakersfield, Clovis, Fresno and Merced; as well as specialty services provided at Eagle Oaks Specialty Care Center in Bakersfield, Pelandale Specialty Care Center in Modesto, Akers Specialty Care Center in Visalia and Spruce Specialty Care Center in Fresno, and Templeton Specialty Care Center in San Luis Obispo County can continue through October 9, 2023. After October 9, 2023, all Valley Children’s locations and providers will be out of network for Cigna patients.
During this time of transition, our patients remain our utmost priority. We take this responsibility seriously, as well as the need to avoid putting significant strain on patient families. We are working diligently with Cigna to ensure our patients receive full transition of care. In the meantime, we recommend that you:
- Check your coverage. If you have been receiving care from a Valley Children’s Hospital healthcare provider, you may have a right to keep your provider for a designated time period through Continuity of Care. You may contact your plan for answers to questions about your insurance coverage and your access to medical providers. Please contact Cigna at the phone number on the back of your insurance card.
- Contact your PCP or Cigna for in-network referrals. Should the patient not qualify for Continuity of Care, please contact your Primary Care Physician or Cigna to request a referral within the Cigna network.
- In case of an emergency, visit the emergency department. Patients will always have access to emergency services at Valley Children’s Hospital, regardless of insurance coverage. If your child has a medical emergency, take them to the nearest emergency department or call 911.
Thank you for your support during this time of transition. If you have any questions, please call us Monday – Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. at 559-353-7028 or email us at ContactUs@valleychildrens.org.