Neuroscience Specialty Programs and Clinics
The Neuroscience Center at Valley Children’s has several dedicated programs for the treatment of complex and rare conditions. These programs consist of interprofessional teams who come together to provide individualized care plans that best fits each patient’s needs.
- Epilepsy Center: Valley Children’s is the only children’s hospital in Central California to be named a Level 4 epilepsy center by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC). We provide a range of medical, neuropsychological and psychosocial services needed to treat patients with seizures and epilepsy.
- Epilepsy Support Program: An opportunity for epilepsy patients and families to connect with others, while advocating and educating to the larger community.
- Hypertonicity/Spasticity Clinic: A monthly clinic offering care for patients with conditions such as spasticity, cerebral palsy, spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, strokes and congenital conditions.
- Neurocutaneous Clinic - Tubular Sclerosis: Provides an opportunity for infants, children and young adults to receive multidisciplinary care for neurocutaneous syndromes, which are disorders that affect the brain, spinal cord, organs, skin and bones.
- Neuromuscular Clinic/Muscular Dystrophy (MDA): Our muscular dystrophy clinic, a California Children’s Service (CCS) approved site, is designed for patients who have been diagnosed with neuromuscular conditions.