Pediatric Physiatry Services at Valley Children’s
Valley Children’s team of board certified pediatric physiatrists work with our neurology team to treat children with physical and cognitive conditions.
Our physiatrists specialize in a variety of services and treatments to best care for each patient, including:
- Baclofen Pump Refill: A baclofen pump delivers a precise amount of a liquid form of baclofen directly into the fluid surrounding the spinal cord. A pump is surgically placed just under the skin of the abdomen, and medication is released wirelessly.
- Botox: Botox® (onabotulinumtoxinA; Allergan) is used for treatment of spasticity in pediatric patients 2 years old and older, including patients with lower limb spasticity caused by cerebral palsy.
- Dysport: Dysport® (abobotulinumtoxinA) is used in the treatment of spasticity in pediatric patients 2 years old and older, including those with upper limb spasticity caused by cerebral palsy.
- Muscle & Nerve Conduction Testing: Electromyography (EMG) is a diagnostic procedure that evaluates the health condition of muscles and the nerve cells that control them.
- Rehab Clinic: The Rehab Clinic at Valley Children’s treats both inpatients and outpatients, creating specialized individual treatment plans for each child. Our Rehab Clinic is accredited as an Inpatient Rehabilitation Pediatric Specialty Program by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) making Valley Children’s one of only two pediatric facilities in the state with this impressive designation, and one of only five on the West Coast. Learn more about our Rehabilitation Clinic here.
- Limb Differences Clinic: Our Limb Differences Clinic evaluates and treats children from birth to 21 years of age who have limb differences and/or amputations from congenital or acquired causes. This specialized multidisciplinary team evaluates, completes fittings on prosthetics as needed and makes treatment plan recommendations in order to increase flexibility, mobility and overall independence of each patient.
Learn more about our physiatry team and rehabilitation center here.