Valley Children's Medical Group
Maternal Fetal Center, Sacramento
If your pregnancy has suddenly changed from normal to complex, you want to have the right experts by your side. Our team at Valley Children’s includes maternal-fetal medicine (MFM) specialists and registered diagnostic medical sonographers (RDMS) specially trained in maternal-fetal health.
OB/GYN physicians refer patients to maternal-fetal medicine specialists that are highly trained in high-risk and complex pregnancies. Our specialists treat moms with health conditions such as autoimmune disorders, high blood pressure, diabetes, advanced maternal age, seizure disorders, bleeding, early labor or other health complications. We partner with your OB/GYN or family doctor to help ensure a safe delivery and best outcomes for you and your baby
Counseling and Diagnostics
- Preconception counseling and consultation for maternal medical conditions
- Prenatal diagnostic testing
- 3-D and 4-D sonograms (results reviewed same day with patients)
- Cell-free DNA testing
- Genetic testing
- Nuchal translucency ultrasound
- Patient education
- Transvaginal ultrasound for preterm birth risk screening
- Fetal biophysical profile
- Fetal Doppler studies
Outpatient Office Location
1792 Tribute Road, Suite 200
Sacramento, CA 95815
Click here for map
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
We can accommodate urgent referrals.
Our maternal-fetal medicine specialists also provide inpatient services at Mercy San Juan Medical Center in Carmichael, with consultation services for the Dignity Health Hospitals (Mercy General Hospital and Methodist Hospital in Sacramento). We work closely with neonatologists and Mercy San Juan to provide you and your family the best care possible.
Specialized Care for Moms with Diabetes
Valley Children’s physicians coordinate care for pregnant patients with diabetes. We have a Diabetes in Pregnancy program with a full team, including a certified diabetes nurse educator, dietitian and medical assistants to provide teaching and management of diabetes care during pregnancy and early postpartum.
- Comprehensive consultation with an RN certified in diabetes education, dietitian and social worker
- Medical management as recommended by a maternal-fetal medicine specialist
- Located at Mercy San Juan Hospital in Carmichael and Methodist Hospital in Sacramento
Diabetes in Pregnancy Clinic: (916) 962-8873