Pharmacy Fellow (PGY2)
Valley Children's Hospital offers a one-year-long intensive care fellowship designed to provide the pharmacist with training in the focused area of critical care pediatric clinical pharmacy. In addition to gaining a comprehensive understanding of the global aspects of pharmaceutical care in the ICU, the fellowship also emphasizes an intensive research project. For this component, the fellow will work closely with the intensive care physicians to develop and complete a research study suitable for presentation and publication.
Period of Appointment: Twelve months
Health Benefits: Fellow entitled to full health benefits. Plans to be selected upon arrival.
Weekend Staffing: Fellow required to staff every other weekend once distribution training is complete.
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Attend intensive care unit rounds and provide drug information.
- Identify a research project related to intensive care, propose it to the hospital Investigational Review Board, carry out the study, and ultimately present the study.
- Actively participate in ongoing intensive care research studies as well as any studies initiated during the fellowship.
- Assist in pharmacy and therapeutics activities that relate to intensive care therapeutics.
- Provide distributive support (staffing and dispensing)
- Distribution/Staffing (required)
- Neonatal Intensive Care (required)
- Pediatric Intensive Care (required)
- Administration (required)
- Poison Center (elective)
- Emergency Department (elective)
- Infectious Diseases (elective)
Application Requirements (due before the 2nd Monday of January):
- At least one year of hospital pharmacy experience is preferred and/or a residency with a pediatric emphasis.
- Must have a California State Board of Pharmacy License (or obtain license within two months of starting fellowship).
- Completed application for employment (available online)
- Letter of Intent
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official school of pharmacy transcripts
- Be available for interview (January/February)
- Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
Pharmacy Fellow (PGY2) for 2016-2017
Raymond Ngo, PharmD
Dr. Raymond Ngo grew up in Temple City, CA. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in biochemistry at the University of California, Los Angeles and his Doctor of Pharmacy degree at the University of California, San Francisco. He completed his PGY-1 pharmacy practice residency at Valley Children’s Hospital. In his spare time, Dr. Ngo is an avid photographer and enjoys traveling and fantasy sports. He is thankful for all the continued support from his family, friends, and mentors throughout the years. Dr. Ngo is excited to further his training at Valley Children’s Hospital and continue to play an integral role in caring for the children throughout the Central Valley.
Past Pharmacy Fellows
Questions regarding the programs can be directed to:
Wenee Liu Lopez, Pharm.D.
Pharmacy Residency Director
Pharmacy Student Coordinator
Pediatric Clinical Pharmacist
(559) 353 5522
(559) 353 5515 (fax)