Valley Children’s Healthcare's multidisciplinary approach creates a dynamic team of pediatric surgeons, both general and specialty-based, working together to generate optimal outcomes. These include complex plastic surgery, neurosurgery, cardiovascular surgery, ophthalmology, ENT, orthopaedics and urology.
Our surgeons use minimally invasive techniques whenever medically appropriate. For families wishing to avoid the use of donor blood during procedures, we are the only free-standing children’s hospital in the western US with a bloodless program. Our Center for Bloodless Medicine focuses on minimizing a patient’s blood loss before, during,
and after treatment and minimizing the need for blood transfusions. Over 360 children, with more than 1,000 visits, are treated annually in the bloodless program.
Often, our surgical patients experience shorter lengths of stay (LOS) than at other hospitals. For instance, our LOS for plastic/reconstructive surgery, hernia & ENT surgery is a full day shorter when compared to our peers.
Our surgeons perform over 12,000 inpatient and outpatient surgeries annually including:
- 3,100 General surgeries
- 1,800 Orthopaedic surgeries
- 1,400 ENT surgeries
- 800 Urology surgeries
- 500 Plastic surgeries
- 200 to 300 surgeries each in Ophthalmology, Cardiovascular Surgery, Neurosurgery
- Our surgeons and OR staff perform more surgeries than many of our peers.
- 29% more inpatient surgeries for digestive problems
- 34% more inpatient surgeries for ENT problems
- Twice as many hernia procedures
- 8 surgical suites, adding 3 more
Programs within Surgical Services
General Pediatric Surgery: General pediatric surgery covering more than 200 types of procedure. Read more about General Pediatric Surgery...
- Cardiac Surgery: Heart surgery for children.
- Dental, Oral & Maxillofacial: Dental & Orthodontic surgery & related services.
- Neurosurgery: Surgical intervention treating diseases and conditions of the central nervous system.
- Ophthalmology: Diagnosis and treatment of pediatric eye diseases, malformations and disorders.
- Orthopaedic Surgery: Surgical intervention for bone-related conditions from sports injuries to scoliosis.
- Otolaryngology: Ear, nose & throat services.
- Plastic Surgery: Surgical correction of conditions including craniofacial anomalies, hand abnormalities and vascular anomalies.
- Trauma Services: Multiple disciplines ensuring high-quality definitive treatment of the pediatric trauma client.
- Urology: Care for children with genital and urological problems.
Physician Referral Guidelines
Pediatric Otolaryngology Referral Guidelines
Pediatric Neurosurgery Referral Guidelines
Pediatric Orthopaedic Referral Guidelines
Pediatric Surgery Referral Guidelines
Pediatric Plastic Surgery Referral Guidelines
Pediatric Urology Referral Guidelines