Admission Criteria and Conditions Served
The Children We Serve
The rehabilitation needs that our program addresses are as varied as the children themselves. Patients from birth to age 21 who can benefit from the program include, but are not limited to, the following diagnoses:
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Encephalitis, Meningitis and other Central Nervous System Infections or Diseases
- Guillain-Barré Syndrome and other Neuromuscular Disorders
- Near Drowning and other Hypoxic Ischemic Injuries
- Oncological Disorders
- Multiple Trauma
- Acute Amputations
Inpatient Admission Criteria
To qualify for admission to the Pediatric Rehabilitation Center for “full acute inpatient rehabilitation,” the patient must meet the following criteria:
- Be medically stable for transfer;
- Demonstrate potential for improvement in quality of life, and can benefit from intensive medical, physical, and/or cognitive rehabilitation.
- Actively participate in at least three hours of therapy per day.
- Have family/caregivers available to participate in the pediatric rehabilitation program.
- Have a discharge plan in place to follow the inpatient rehabilitation stay.
How To Make a Referral
We hope that Children’s Hospital Central California will be your choice to meet your child’s rehabilitation needs. Referrals for inpatient pediatric medical rehabilitation services may be made by:
- Case Managers / Discharge Planners
- Parents / Family Members / Caregivers
- Patients (who are at least age 18)
- Third-Party Payers
- Other Allied Health Professionals
We welcome the opportunity to talk with you about our programs, answer questions and/or arrange a tour of our facility. Please contact our rehabilitation preadmission coordinator by calling the Children’s Access Center at (559) 353-KIDS (5437).