Careers @ Valley Children's
Valley Children’s Hospital has one of the best and brightest healthcare teams in the nation. We are the only hospital in Central California to have won the Best Companies to Work For Award. We sit in the heart of one of the most beautiful states in the nation, a short drive from three national parks - Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia. We have more than 2900 employees and still manage to maintain a family-like atmosphere. Our employee satisfaction scores are some of the best you'll see, and we always strive to make this a great place to live, work and build a life. We are also a Magnet Nursing hospital, having achieved the highest nursing benchmark in the country.
Explore this section to learn how you can join a group of amazing people who provide incredible care to kids.
Contact Recruitment Services
(800) 228-2231 or (559) 353-7071
Office hours: 8 am – 4:30 pm (PST)
Monday – Friday
Valley Children’s Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer and as such, gives consideration to all applicants for employment regardless of gender, age, race, color, national origin, religion, veteran status or disability.
Valley Children's Hospital participates in the E-Verify program run by the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS)
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Valley Children’s Healthcare.
Many people are drawn to us because of our reputation, outstanding outcomes, nursing excellence and our mission. Our mission is to provide high quality comprehensive services to children, regardless of their ability to pay, and to continuously improve the health and well-being of children. We are looking for those committed professionals to help us achieve our vision, to become the nation’s best children’s hospital.
Helpful Hints for completing the online application:
- You will be asked to enter your email address and set up a password as part of the application registration process. Please remember your username and password. This will allow you to log-in at any time and check the status of your online application or apply for other jobs at Valley Children’s Healthcare. We advise against creating duplicate log-ins/or profiles which can interfere with our efforts to contact you.
- For your convenience, you may upload an electronic version of your resume to pre-fill parts of our online application. When you select this option you will be directed to locate your resume on your computer or disk. Our software will then use the information in your resume to complete many of the fields of our online application. You’ll then have an opportunity to review your application, edit answers and complete any questions not pre-filled from your resume.
- Please be sure to complete the application in its entirety. Any unanswered questions or blanks may be considered an incomplete application and may not be forwarded for further consideration. Also, to accurately and fairly determine your rate of pay, completion of all previous work experience is required. Be sure to list all previous experience, even for positions other than that which you are applying. Also, you will need to account for all periods of unemployment.
- Please take a moment and carefully review the requirements for each job for which you are applying. We ask that you apply for those in which you meet all the minimum requirements. If you do not meet each of the specified minimum qualifications, your application may not be forwarded for further consideration.
- Remember to save your application if you have to return at a later time.
Note: Valley Children’s Healthcare is committed to ensuring that its online application process provides equal employment opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or submit an application, please contact us by calling 1-800-228-2231.
Internal Applicants - Employees
Managing your Career at Valley Children’s Healthcare
The Best People Center is designed only for current Valley Children’s Healthcare employees. Lists of job opportunities open in all areas are posted on this site. This site allows for current Valley Children’s Healthcare employees to apply for a transfer or a promotion into an opening that matches career interests and advancement.
Valley Children’s Healthcare employees will need to use their work email to enter the site. You can view all job openings by clicking “Search” without entering any selections. You must complete the on-line application for consideration. Please do not use your personal email address as the system will not recognize you as an employee.
Refer to Recruitment Process Policy-HR 1047
Refer to Promotion and Demotion Policy-HR 1069
How do I apply for a position at Valley Children’s Healthcare?
Please visit our online application at Careers@valleychildrens.org where you can create a profile and search for available employment opportunities. Please submit your profile for the position(s) that you are qualified for. We encourage you to create Job Alerts to get mail notifications when a position becomes available.
When you visit our online application system, it will guide you on how to create your profile. A resume is required to be considered for all positions. An email is required to create a profile. If you do not have an email address, there are several providers available that offer free email accounts.
You are able to return to your profile at any time to view the status of a job that you have applied to, search and apply to new position and update your information.
Make sure to remember you email address (username) as it will remain unchanged as long as the profile is active, even if the primary email address on the profile is updated.
It is important for your profile to be saved and submitted. Please make sure that you click the “Submit” button.
Please do not create a duplicate profile. Once you have created your profile, you may apply to one or multiple positions.
Fit Friendly Company
Valley Children’s Healthcare was designated as a Fit Friendly Company for a 4th year. The American Heart Association, sponsor of the Start! Program, has designated Valley Children’s as a gold level Fit Friendly Company. We are thrilled with the recognition and thank you for your continued support of the Valley Children’s wellness programs.
Valley Children's Hospital - Smoke and Tobacco Free
Valley Children’s took an important step in 2010 as it joined more than 50% of other hospitals nationwide and became Smoke and Tobacco Free. This move is another step in our ongoing commitment to provide a healthy environment for everyone on our campuses.