Skip to Main Content
Skip Navigation Links

Relocating Made Easy

Children's Hospital offers hiring and moving packages
for new employees in priority positions moving to Central California to join the staff at Children's.

As a relocating new hire, you'll enjoy the following provisions:

  • Credit for years of related experience in one's professional field.
  • A relocation allowance is offered to new employees part-time or full-time.

Recruitment Services
(559) 353-7071

Physician Recruitment
(559) 353-8173

From within the United States

Moving to a new city can seem like a daunting task. Children’s Hospital Central California offers some resources to help alleviate some of the stress.

Relocation Tools

Obtain California Licensure
If you currently have licensure in another state, you will need to have it endorsed by the California Board of Registered Nursing. You can obtain information on the following methods for endorsement:

  • Online
  • Mail-in
  • Walk through process. Visiting the California Board of Registered Nurses located in Sacramento, CA. Here your application will be immediately processed and you will receive a temporary license. Though this requires a three hour drive to Sacramento from Fresno, it is the quickest and preferred way to obtain your temporary license. This license is valid for six months and will allow you enough time to obtain your permanent licensure by mail.

Transporting Your Household Items
You can choose to pack and haul your belongings or you can have a professional company assist you. It is recommended you call around and obtain quotes.

Temporary Housing
If you need a quick, furnished, convenient place to stay, look into extended stay hotels. Most of these types of hotels are designed to house the temporary or traveling individual. Some popular services are listed below. For a complete list, please check a local phone book.

Permanent Housing
When it comes to finding new housing, the best place to start is online. There are numerous Fresno real estate agencies and apartment search engines that are available to help you find a home. Below are some resources to help you get started.


Rental Guide

The Fresno Bee Classifieds


Realty Concepts
(559) 490-1500

Prudential California

London Properties

Coldwell Banker

Temporary Transportation

In the event that your vehicle does not arrive in California with you, you may need to arrange for temporary transportation. There are many forms of transportation available, including rental vehicles, public bus transportation and taxi services. Some popular services are listed below, for a complete list, please check a local phone book.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car
(559) 261-9221

Fresno Area Express (bus service)
City Cab
(559) 228-8282


Pacific Gas & Electric Company (PG&E)
To begin services, call PG&E one week before you will need service at your new address. A deposit may be required to establish service.

Cable/Satellite Television

Comcast provides basic cable, digital cable and high-speed internet service. You can establish service by contacting Comcast via phone or the internet. A deposit may be required for advanced features.

Dish Network


Public Utilities (Water, Sewer, Garbage, etc.)
Most apartment complexes provide water, sewer and garbage services with your apartment rental. However, some rental homes require tenants to establish service in their own name.

City of Fresno Public Utilities
2600 Fresno Street, 1st Floor
Fresno, CA 93721

Offers the following services:

  • Water
  • Sewer
  • Solid waste
  • Community sanitation

To begin service, customers are required to present a valid driver license or identification card from California or another state, or a social security card. Employer contact information will also be requested.

City of Clovis Public Utilities
155 N. Sunnyside Avenue
Clovis, CA 93611

  • Prompt trash pickup
  • Sufficient clean, fresh water
  • Safe streets
  • Reliable sewer service

To begin service, customers are required to present a valid driver license or identification card. A deposit will also be required to establish new service.

Driver License, Identification Card and Vehicle Registration

California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
6420 N Blackstone Ave
Fresno, CA 93710

Driver License
If you are a visitor in California over 18 years old and have a valid driver license from your home state (where you live permanently) and are here for less than six months, you may drive in this state without getting a California driver license as long as your home state license remains valid. However, if you are here for more than six months and working, you must apply for a driver license.

In addition, all customers applying for an original Driver License or Identification Card must provide evidence of legal presence in the U.S. as authorized under federal law.

Vehicle Registration
Per California Law, if your vehicle is registered outside the state of California (i.e., in another state, country, province, territory) you must register the vehicle in California within 20 days of the date you establish residency or accept employment.

Financial Institutions
The Central Valley offers numerous banking institutions that offer checking and savings accounts, credit cards and other financial services. Children’s Hospital Central California uses Wells Fargo and is a member of the Golden One Credit Union. Researching area financial institutions and finding one that fits your personal needs is highly recommended.

Wells Fargo
710 E Shaw Ave
Fresno, CA 93710

Golden One Credit Union


Elementary and High School Education
There are a variety of school districts in Fresno and Madera Counties. For the school district nearest you, visit GreatSchools.Net . This comprehensive website has information you may want to consider when enrolling your child.

Higher Education
The Central Valley is home to numerous higher educational institutions. Whether you are looking for a vocational school, city college or state university, they Valley can offer the additional education you desire. Talk to your Recruitment Consultant for details on the Hospital’s policy for tuition reimbursement or visit the Your Career Planner web page.

Social Security Number
A Social Security Number is important because you need it to get a job, collect Social Security benefits and receive some other government benefits. Many other companies you do business with, such as banks and credit companies, will also ask for your number.

To apply for a Social Security number and card:

Call or visit the local office:


5140 E. Olive Avenue
Fresno, CA 93727

640 W. Locust Avenue
Fresno, CA 93650

348 E. Yosemite Avenue
Madera, CA 93638